Need Health Info?
Find a Planned Parenthood Health Center and reproductive health information.
Don't know the name of your affiliate?
Find out by picking your county:
Statewide Endorsements for 2018
Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California (PPAC) endorses champions for reproductive health care and health equity!
PPAC is committed to health equity for Planned Parenthood health center patients, their communities and the state. Not only do Planned Parenthood health centers provide high quality, affordable and compassionate health care and abortion services, they also work every day to advocate for equity, environmental protections, health care and justice.
Support our reproductive health care and health equity champions below in this year's midterm elections!
Ed Hernandez for Lieutenant Governor
- Sen. Ed Hernandez is a proven champion as defined by our Endorsement Committee guidelines, of Planned Parenthood and reproductive health and rights, earning 100% on PPAC's Legislator Scorecards since being elected to office in 2006.
- Sen. Hernandez has a keen understanding of the challenges faced by Planned Parenthood health centers as Medi-Cal providers and has worked to improve the health care system, including expanding Medi-Cal eligibility. He’s also been a fierce protector of Planned Parenthood funding.
- Sen. Hernandez has authored key bills in both the Assembly and State Senate to improve access to reproductive health care and is a vocal proponent for protecting reproductive rights and ensuring safe, easy access to birth control.
Xavier Becerra for Attorney General
- From his time in the Assembly, to Congress, to his appointment as California’s Attorney General, Xavier Becerra has been an active and visible champion of reproductive and sexual health care.
- As a Congressman representing Southern California, he received a 100% rating from Planned Parenthood Action Fund for his votes supporting access to sexual and reproductive health care.
- He’s been an active supporter of Planned Parenthood, and has made a point of visiting their health centers, talking with staff and understanding the issues important to their work.
- Attorney General Becerra doesn’t shy away from any fights, and has actively taken on the Trump administration righting to birth control access, against laws that harm women, the LGBTQ community and immigrants.
- Attorney General Becerra took immediate action in suing the Trump Administration when the Birth Control Mandate was rollbacked, putting millions of Californians at risk of losing their access to birth control.
- He is currently representing California before the Supreme Court in the case NIFLA v. Becerra, protecting the Reproductive FACT Act, which is a California law requiring facilities to disclose whether there is a licensed medical professional providing or supervising the facility. The FACT Act ensures women have a way to access accurate, honest, and complete information when the visit a health center.
Alex Padilla for Secretary of State
- Alex Padilla has demonstrated his commitment to Planned Parenthood’s values and advocacy efforts as California Secretary of State, including prioritizing voter registration among people of color.
- He has been a fierce advocate for Planned Parenthood health centers. When the Susan G. Komen foundation pulled grant money from them, State Senator Padilla cut his ties with Komen.
- A champion for Planned Parenthood, Alex Padilla received a 100% rating on PPAC's Legislative Scorecards while State Senator.
Betty Yee for State Controller
- Betty Yee has demonstrated her commitment to Planned Parenthood’s values, and continually highlights Planned Parenthood’s contributions in the economic justice sphere.
- She has been a champion for women and girls in California and an important voice for equality, access to reproductive health care and gender diversity on corporate boards.
- She has a strong commitment to mentoring and supporting women and people of color who seek opportunities in public service.
Fiona Ma for State Treasurer
- Fiona Ma, currently a member and former chair of the Board of Equalization, is an outspoken advocate for Planned Parenthood and its services, receiving a 100% rating on PPAC's Legislative Scorecard during her tenure in the Assembly.
- Fiona Ma is a visible champion for Planned Parenthood, sharing her personal story at Planned Parenthood, and most recently emceeing the Planned Parenthood 2017 Roe v. Wade Anniversary rally at the State Capitol. She also received the Planned Parenthood “Defenders of Choice” Award for her advocacy work.
- She has authored reproductive justice legislation such as bills banning toxic chemicals and granting equal right to women and men to change their last names when married or domestic partners. She also has worked on issues such as domestic violence and human trafficking.
Ricardo Lara for Insurance Commissioner
- Sen. Ricardo Lara has a long time relationship with Planned Parenthood at both the local and state level and previously served on the board of Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project Los Angeles Counties.
- He has been outspoken in his support of Planned Parenthood health center services, even within the context of his personal interaction with the issue of abortion within his family, emphasizing the importance of safety and trust that take place in Planned Parenthood health centers.
- Since elected to the State Legislature, Sen. Lara received a 100% rating on PPAC's Legislative Scorecard while serving as both a Senator and Assemblymember.
- Sen. Lara authored several pieces of legislation important to Planned Parenthood and its patients, including bills on immigrant rights, LGBTQ issues and equity and inclusion.
- His work on health care includes not only furthering Planned Parenthood's values, but also expanding Medi-Cal to cover all Californians.
- Sen. Lara has been an outspoken champion for reproductive health and a visible advocate for Planned Parenthood on the Assembly and Senate Floors.
Tony Thurmond for Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Since joining the California Legislature, Assemblymember Thurmond received a 100% rating on PPAC's Legislative Scorecard (2015, 2016, 2017).
- Assemblymember Thurmond has been outspoken in his personal connection with Planned Parenthood and the life-saving cancer screening services his mother received at their health centers.
- He has spoken on behalf of Planned Parenthood on the Assembly Floor and has been involved with Planned Parenthood at the state and local level. Engagement includes visiting and volunteering at local health centers, speaking at rallies and other Planned Parenthood events, including PPAC's annual Capitol Day, and turning out volunteers to attend Planned Parenthood events.
- He supports teaching comprehensive sexual health education in all public schools and greater investment in school-based health services.
Find Your Local Endorsed Candidates
Planned Parenthood Advocates Mar Monte's Endorsed Candidates
Counties: Alameda, Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Fresno, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, Mono, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Benito, San Joaquin, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Sierra, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tulare, Tuolumne, Yolo, YubaSee PPAMM's Endorsed Candidates>>
Planned Parenthood Central Coast Action Fund's Endorsed Candidates
Counties: San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura.
Planned Parenthood Action Fund of the PAcific Southwest's Endorsed Candidates
Counties: Imperial, Riverside, San Diego