Need Health Info?
Find a Planned Parenthood Health Center and reproductive health information.
Don't know the name of your affiliate?
Find out by picking your county:
Register to Vote
You may register to vote in California if:
- You are a United States citizen
- You are a resident of California
- You are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election)
- You are not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction
- You have not been judged by a court to be mentally incompetent
How You Can Register to Vote:
- Register ONLINE! California now offers 100% online voter registration.
- You can also download a voter registration form directly from the Secretary of State's voter registration page.
- Have A Voter Registration Form Mailed to You
Call 1-800-345-VOTE to request a form be mailed to you.
- Pick Up A Voter Registration Form
You can pick up a voter registration form at your county elections office, library, or U.S. Post Office. It is important that your voter registration form be filled out completely and be postmarked or hand-delivered to your county elections office at least 15 days before the next election.
When to Re-Register to Vote
You will need to re-register to vote when:
- You move
- You change your name
- You change your political party choice
Voter Registration Deadlines
In California, the deadline to register to vote for an election is 15 days before each local and statewide Election Day, so please register early! If you need to know a deadline for a local election, contact your county elections office.
For additional assistance with voter registration, please contact the Secretary of State's office at the following toll-free numbers:
- English: 1-800-345-VOTE
- Chinese: 1-800-339-2857
- Japanese: 1-800-339-2865
- Korean: 1-866-575-1558
- Spanish: 1-800-232-VOTA
- Tagalog: 1-800-339-2957
- Vietnamese: 1-800-339-8163
- League of Women Voters' Smart Voter
- Project Vote Smart
- Rock the Vote
- Public Agenda
- California Voter Foundation