Check out event information and photos:
Planned Parenthood Los Angeles joined together with the City of West Hollywood for a press conference at West Hollywood City Hall to recognize the historic Roe v. Wade decision and spotlight the vital need for reproductive choice.
- Abbe Land, West Hollywood City Councilmember;
- Annabeth Gish, Actress/Advocate;
- Betsy Butler, Interim Executive Director of the California Women’s Law Center;
- Dinah Stephens, Director of Public Affairs of Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project Los Angeles County; and
- Lauren Jow, Communications Officer at UCLA Law School’s Williams Institute.
More than 30 supporters of a woman's right to make her own personal decisions came out and held signs at a visiblity event in San Luis Obispo.
The Santa Barbara Pro Choice Coalition, of which PPSBVSLO is a partner, hosted a screening of Vessel. Pictured is State Senator Hannah-Beth Jackson introducing the film on Thursday night to a packed house in SB.
The Santa Barbara Pro-Choice Coalition also sponsors a full page ad in the local Santa Barbara Independent with hundreds of names of community members in support of Roe v. Wade.
In addition, Planned Parenthood flags are flying on State Street in downtown Santa Barbara this month - 10 city blocks covered by 125 flags!
Over on the UCSB campus, the local Planned Parenthood Generation Action group tabled and passed out cake and condoms to hundreds of students.