The California Center for Research on Women and Families (CCRWF) is proud to partner once again with Planned Parenthood Affiliates of California. PPAC is co-sponsoring our 2015 Women’s Policy Summit – and will participate in the first Women’s Health Policy Fair.
Register now! We expect over 500 women’s leaders – including legislators, legislative staff, advocates, local government officials, and community leaders – to come together on January 14 in Sacramento to advance the health, wealth and power of women and girls in California.
The 2015 Women’s Policy Summit is the third statewide gathering where we convene to discuss proposals, programs and action steps to move a women’s agenda forward.
This year’s Summit is particularly important as we begin the first year of a two-year session with new legislative leadership and members.
At the 2015 Women’s Policy Summit, we will set the stage to establish priorities for legislative and administrative action.
- What bills and budget items are critical to address women’s poverty and expand economic opportunity?
- What programs need to be adopted, modified or expanded to help working women thrive at work and as parents and caregivers?
- How do we maximize the health of women and girls in all of our diverse communities throughout California? Key in this effort is work to promote reproductive rights and justice.
- And what steps do we need to take, both at the state and local levels, to prevent violence against women and girls?
If you are an advocate for choice, social justice and good government – and have a passion for women’s equality – the Summit is a must–attend event for you! It’s a showcase for the policy priorities that leading advocates have discussed and debated for months and selected to launch at the start of the legislative session.
We are deeply honored to be joined by newly elected Assembly Speaker Toni G. Atkins. You won’t want to miss her luncheon keynote, Keeping the California Dream Alive for Women and Working Families.
And…Senate pro Tempore Kevin de León will offer closing comments. Senators Holly J. Mitchell and Hannah-Beth Jackson will both moderate general sessions.
At the 2015 Women’s Policy Summit, we will also show Honoring Courage: A Short History of Reproductive Health Services in California – a mini-documentary we produced with Storefront Political Media – and in partnership with PPAC, Black Women for Wellness, Latinas for Reproductive Justice, California Coalition for Reproductive Freedom, and NARAL Pro-Choice California.
Please join us on January 14 in Sacramento to advance women’s health, wealth and power.
- Register for the 2015 Women's Policy Summit.
- Download the agenda for the 2015 Women's Policy Summit (which includes a mail- or fax-in registration form).
Hope you can join the summit,
Kate Karpilow @katekarpilow
Executive Director at California Center for Research on Women and Families