About CAF PPOSBC
Community Action Fund (CAF) of Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties is the political arm of Planned Parenthood of Orange & San Bernardino Counties. It is an independent, nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to protecting and expanding individual rights to reproductive choice, and access to family planning for all men and women. The Community Action Fund lobbies, educates and to advance Planned Parenthood's mission and also engages in limited electoral activities.
The Community Action Fund supports reproductive rights and health care services by:
- Direct and grassroots lobbying of local elected officials at all levels of government
- Identifying and communicating with pro-choice voters.
- Distributing information about the positions of candidates on our issues.
- Making endorsements and direct contributions to state and local candidates.
- Conducting independent expenditure campaigns.
- Encouraging voter participation
Breaking News: A victory for Planned Parenthood and students!! PPOSBC Community Action Fund endorsed candidate Abigail Medina was elected to the San Bernardino City Unified School District Board of Education. Parent activist Medina overtook incumbent Judi Penman by 37 votes in election results released Thursday — a reversal of election-night numbers — and will take the third of three available seats on the school board. Abigail is an advocate for reproductive healthcare and rights and wants to do her part to better ensure students have access to comprehensive sexual health education in the schools. Read More...